Monday, April 8, 2013

Potty Training: Success!

At long last, Uno had finally decided to give the potty a try. When she turned 2, about 5 months ago, we decided to introduce her to a potty trainer, we saw the signs and we thought she was ready. At 1st, she enjoyed the idea of pulling her pants off and sitting on the trainer, but never actually peed on it. She pees whenever, wherever. That might have made her realized that it’s weird to have water running in her legs. She cried every time she pees which came to the point that she controls the urge and would not want to pee anymore. We feared she might acquire an infection so we put her diaper back. She was not yet ready.

From that time up to just recently, I prepared her for her potty. Some of the things I did were: 

· I allowed her to watch me inside the bathroom. I assured her that it okay to use the toilet and bathroom is the proper venue for pees. 
· We bought her own trainer which she personally chose. We initially wanted to buy her the trainer which makes sound but she chose the other type (which cost lesser. #Pabor
· I continuously encourage her to use her “toilet”. I let her seat and play with it to familiarize her, even if she has diaper on. 

I was so happy to finally see an actual pee in it last weekend. From then, I made it a point to make her feel proud of herself by: 

her old trainer
 · Praising her deed. Giving her a high five and showing off to other members of the family her achievement (pee on the potty), which made her feel good. 
· I constantly remind her to use the potty. I immediately remove her diaper when she wakes up and tell her every so often to use her toilet. 

I am open that accidents like pees wherever are still unavoidable, but its part of her learning process. At least I have scratched 1 item from my bucket list for Uno. My next goal is to nighttime potty train her and makes her poop in the potty… 

                   her new trainer
And a whole lot more. hehe

Update: As of press time, mi esposo called to inform me that Uno poop on the trainer! 

35 comments:

  1. Times like this are memorable. I still remember my daughter's potty training. It went cool and nice and really memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the early fun and challenging parts of parenting! Ha ha... good work, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, such an achievement for parents. Parang nakapag-pagraduate na ko.hehe

      Delete
  3. I remember when we're training our eldest son. We were having some few discussions before going to the CR or to his trainer. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I to constantly remind her that she has to pee in her "toilet".

      Delete
  4. Nice. Quite a milestone. made me think about my nephew. He's still 1. I hope he wont give his parents a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every kid is different. I think it's easier for boys to train. I'm crossing my fingers here, I still have a boy to train.

      Delete
  5. congrats!
    breakthrough like this are precious to moms, i remember my mom constantly accounts the things we did when me and my brother were toddler/pre-schooler haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great achievement. We don't use a potty for my 2.5yr old but a seat adapter. Will have to work on night training her too when she is ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girl is a little afraid of the real toilet, so potty. Although, she's interested in adapter when she saw it in the mall. Night training is a little challenging. Good luck to us.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! I have to train my toddler too.. doing my best here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hay, it's still up to our child. I guess they'll do it voluntarily when they are ready.

      Delete
  8. Hooray to Uno and the entire family! This means lesser expenses for the diaper and less job for you to clean whenever she pees :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay, that's my goal to graduate from buying diaper for my Uno.hehe

      Delete
  9. Nice one! That's an achievement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! My son got potty trained before reaching two. Now even in his sleep, he doesn't pee anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's nice to hear. I hope my son would be the same.

      Delete
  11. Galing naman ni Ms. L! Congrats to you both. Kayo na, kayo na talaga ang hands-on parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay naku naman, si Mac kinareer pati haircuts ni Lara siya na gumagawa.hehe

      Delete
  12. Awww. Congratulations! Wala ng pee wherever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good. But still keeping my finger crossed.hehe

      Delete
  13. Big congratulations to you Mommy:) sarap ng pakiramdam na wala kanang bibilhin diaper:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mismo! (almost) Diaper graduate na ang baby ko.

      Delete
  14. My 18-month-old sees her two-year-old brother pee so she likes to copy him. Bu when I tried to let her pee in the potty, nothing came out. Just this one time she peed in the potty without my knowledge and with pants on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Maybe that's the start of it. I was also thinking that it would be easier to train my 2nd because he has an ate to imitate. =)

      Delete
  15. Yehey! Good job mommy. I will be training my 1.10mos old daughter soon too. I think she's ready :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be patient and continue to encourage her. Some may really start early. Good luck.

      Delete
  16. Another milestone to celebrate. We mothers are the proudest whenever our child achieve such. My son potty trained both in poop and pee 2 months before he turned two and for the last 5 months he is not peeing at night. So good bye cloth diaper na kami. He will turn 3 in June.

    Mommy Maye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to that day that she'll be bonafide diaper graduate.hehe

      Delete
  17. Oh wow, congrats! I'm looking forward to that phase. We're still working on the walking part pa eh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kid is still too young for potty if he is still in the walking phase. My daughter started to walk alone at 1.3 years.

      Delete
  18. Yay for your a successful potty training! I wonder when my nephew will learn to use a potty, hindi pa ata sila nagsisimula mag try. He's already 2 years and 5 months old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some kids adopt later than the others. Pero mas maganda ma-introduce na sana sa kanya.

      Delete