Monday, September 3, 2012

Just for a Night

Last Friday, our house help welcomed us with the news about some rare astronomical occurrence. Apparently, that day (August 31) was a blue moon. She was asking mi esposo what that means, I retorted “once in a blue moon” straightaway (that’s all I know, honestly). Everybody laughs but no one can give better answer. Upon research, I found out that it’s actually the 2nd full moon within the month (traditional definition states it’s the 4th full moon within a season) and usually happens every 2-3 years. That’s the technical definition, but what I want to know is the folklore behind it. After some indolent browsing I found an interesting one, it’s says “For pregnant, full moon brings on labor”, and on a relative note, “Saturday is the best day for giving birth”. I was lazy enough to stop from there.

Luckily, I didn’t labor on that day, not because it’s not Saturday but I am not yet due. What I found rather unusual that night was that I slept ahead of everybody. I usually am the last one to sleep taking mi bebe into consideration, I have to make sure that she is in her sweet slumber before I can make my own. Oh, but my beauty rest didn’t last that long, she woke me as if telling me she’s ready to sleep. At least I had an experience.      

No comments:

Post a Comment