Friday, January 27, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother’s Day in the Philippines and in most of the world is celebrated annually on the 2nd Sunday of May. It is a day where in the sacrifices of mothers are honored and their influence to the society is celebrated. Mother’s day Grinch would tell you that it is only a fabrication of enterprising minds. It is just a marketing strategy to promote whatever it is that they want to sell. I am a mother, but yes I agree with the Grinch. I don’t believe a single day would be enough to honor mothers with gift and pampering. As a working mother like me, just seeing mi bebe cries as I leave for work is a sacrifice on its own, that’s why that glow on her face when she sees me home is my most precious gift of the day. Don’t get me wrong (esp. mi esposo), I’m still not the Grinch, I would still want to receive material gifts. lol 
This year, Mother's Day falls on the 13th of May. Why do I talk about this on the 4th week of Jan.? Too early you think, not really. Because it’s the weekend! I’m going to be a full time Nanay for the succeeding days and I’m glad, I’m happy, I’m gay. It’s more tiring than by just sitting in front of my office's PC, I tell you, but I love it all the more. Ehem, paging mi esposo, I will be delighted if you have a “mother’s day gift” for me tomorrow. (wink)

Happy mother’s day to all working moms! Let's enjoy our kiddos this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment