Monday, January 30, 2012

The Simpsons

The Simpson Family as they first appeared in The Tracey Ullman Show


The Simpsons is the longest-running animated television series in the US today, its Guinness Book of World Record certified. The show is an animated-satire, spoofing the present state of the (US) society - may it be political, religious and even showbiz – as depicted in the lifestyle of a typical family, who lived in a town called “Springfield”. Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie simply poke fun at everything and anything. With their subversive humor and wit, the family never fails to leave a valuable lesson at every episode. Oh well, who doesn't know The Simpsons anyway? I practically grew-up loving this cartoon. And I love it more that the characters do not physically age and still appear just as they did, it gives me nostalgic effect.

Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie and Bart stars in thier own animated show


Last weekend, as mi esposo was browsing the tube for a show to watch, he came across with the Simpsons. As a fan, I demanded (understatement actually) that we stay-tuned. And to my surprise, even mi bebe liked it. Although I’m not sure whether she understood, at least she paid attention. As a Nanay, the Simpsons is one of the shows I would allow mi bebe to watch (at her age, with supervision ofcourse). I’m confident that although the Simpson family is dysfunctional, many episodes examine their relationships with one another and they often shown to care with each other. Moral family values still rules.

Before I forget, this morning flag raising's host was very generous to give away free donuts to all. Lucky me, donut is one of my favorite snacks. I think I can live with donut overload just like Homer Simpson. 


No comments:

Post a Comment